Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Train your brain to be happy


I just came across an amazing TEDx talk that articulates what I want to do and who I want to BE in the world- Positivity and Happiness. Which, of course, will lead to Peace.   Call me Polly-Anna, but it seems to me that peace and happiness are much better goals in life than drama and pain.


Shawn Achor, CEO of Good Think, Inc., explains the science behind positive psychology in a concise, funny and easy to understand way.  


There is LOGIC in the pursuit of HARMONY, don't you know. 


Achor states,  “[It’s] the lens through which your brain views the world that shapes your reality. And if we can change the lens, not only can we change your happiness, we can change every single educational and business outcome at the same time.” 


In coaching, we call this lens, your "context".   One of my goals as a coach is to challenge my client's "context", or "story".  My previous post talks about the context I had that everyone who criticized me hated me. Now that I see this as context, and not REALITY, I can choose to NOT use it any more.  I can CHOOSE to view the world through a different, more positive lens. 


What could be possible in your world if you choose to look through a different lens? Choose to have an optimistic view of people and events?  Choose to practice gratitude and kindness as a habit?  Come from a place of choice, not victim, and feel empowered.  






No comments:

Post a Comment